Friday, 11 November 2016

Paper, Paper


The last two weeks have been busy, and all about paper. I have long enjoyed repeating patterns,

how to make them and what intrinsic details they contain. I remember a project at school which was based around  designing an abstract pattern, then photocopying it and cutting it up to  create a repeating pattern. That was one class that has stood out to me for many years, I think it's one of the reasons that I love knitting in textures and designing repeating patterns for circular accessories such as hats and infinity scarves.





With a new A3 scanner and cheap software on the computer I have created some wrapping paper, aka gift wrap, for Christmas and for unspecified occasions too.













My mandala drawings have been utilised in many different ways, for repeating patterns on notebooks and envelopes for gifting money or vouchers.


And as you can see I have combined two of my greatest hobbies, paper crafting and my garden, by taking photos of what I've created in our great outdoors.

I now have ten paper items available to buy on Etsy, each with various colour choices or sizes, so head on over and have a look-see.

No comments:

Post a Comment